If you are invited to a Bangladeshi wedding, don’t be surprised to witness an elegantly decorated venue, fresh flowers exuding pleasant aroma and attractive colors, women in colorful saris and men well-dressed in traditional suits, numerous waiters serving gourmet dishes, and music reverberating in the air. After all, a big fat Bangladeshi wedding is all about this. If I am not mistaken, cultural affluence, elaborate ceremonies, importance of social recognition, and growing economic prosperity contribute to the rising number of such big fat weddings.
If you are planning a Bangladesh wedding, there is ample information on organizing big fat weddings. Even the availability of Bangladeshi wedding planners makes your task easier. While planning the wedding, ensure that the ceremony will be a pompous celebration combining traditional rituals and festive spirit with innovative decoration, flamboyant showcase of social and economic status, entertainment, and food.
Reason for Spurt in Big Fat Bangladeshi Weddings
You must be wondering why there is spurt in big fat Bangladeshi weddings, which have always been a mixture of color and elaborate rituals, with scrumptious wedding recipes adding more glaze to the celebrations. These days, the penchant to make weddings big and wonderful contributes to the spurt in big fat weddings in Bangladesh and abroad, where many Bangladeshi immigrants reside. The presence of extended family members and relatives dressed in exotic and ethnic colors and filled with great enthusiasm along with modern-day preference for Bangladeshi wedding decoration and design create a regal and unforgettable experience for all guests.
I have noticed that most of my Bangladeshi friends, either living in their country or abroad, now make it a point to spend lavishly on weddings of their children to make the function grand and famous. Apart from spending on decoration, food, clothes, and ornaments, they leave no stone unturned in making ample arrangement for entertainment with the right earnest. In many big fat Bangladeshi wedding ceremonies that I have attended, music, dance, qawwali groups, and even film personalities are hired to entertain guests.
Most of my Bangladeshi friends tell me that availability of Bangladeshi wedding planners makes their task of organizing lavish wedding parties a success.
Tips to Making Your Big Fat Bangladeshi Wedding Successful
When you are dolling out huge sums of money for organizing a big fat Bangladeshi wedding, you should not leave any stone unturned to make it glorious and eye-catching. The following tips are essential for the success of any big fat wedding.
- Plan your big fat wedding in advance. As any wedding in Bangladesh involves all family members, you must know who are going to be involved. It helps you draw up your budget and get the best out of your resources.
- Ensure that the venue is conveniently located and big enough to host all guests and your chosen Bangladeshi wedding entertainment events. It is important to see that the place has ample space for marriage rituals, parking, and dining. The venue should also have sufficient seats for all the guests.
- Keep in mind the traditions while making arrangements for a big fat Bangladeshi wedding. Bangladeshi wedding decoration, food, and entertainment must reflect the distinct cultural heritage.
- Ensure that famous ethnic recipes are part of the dining at your big fat Bangladeshi wedding, as Bangladeshi wedding food is always a big hit among the guests.
- Consider the number of events you have planned while making arrangements for Bangladeshi wedding entertainment. The ceremonies can be turned into a treat for all and involve all guests. Ensure that the guests have sufficient flowers to throw, the dance platform is ready, and the ceremonies are well choreographed. Insert some fun games involving the bride, groom, and guests.
- Pay special attention to the makeup, dress, and appearance of the bride and groom to make them the cynosure of all eyes on the most special day of their lives.
I have attended many marriage ceremonies that had been planned wisely, though with great pomp and show. I have found that most of these ceremonies had been organized with the assistance of a wedding planner. If you are planning a wedding of your loved one, it is better to hire a wedding planner having experience and resources to organize the ceremony. Being an expert, they can advise you on Bangladeshi wedding food, entertainment, and decoration as per the latest trend. You will save money, time, and energy in planning your dream wedding.